Membership - Faringdon Art Society
- Annual Exhibition participation
- Artistic Craft Fair space (subject to application)
- Tours (once pandemic restrictions are lifted)
- Online Art Talks
- Workshops – usually with selected art tutors
- Regular Newsletter
Exhibition Entry Payment
FAS Annual Exhibition Entry
You may enter up to 10 pieces in total.
- 5 framed and/or box canvases and/or 3D works maximum at £3.00 per entry, plus
- 5 unframed paintings or prints for the browsers maximum at £2.00 each
A maximum of one Not for Sale piece per person may be included in your total entries.
Your Entry Form must also be completed with your list of entries and sent to Jo Webster on email@example.com or by post to:
Jo Webster, Membership Secretary,
16 Westland Road, Faringdon SN7 7EY
DEADLINE 10 October 2021
Select the Option from drop-down list below (e.g. Framed / 3D @ £3.00 each) then enter the number for that category (max 5). Click ADD TO CART.
Then repeat for the other Option if appropriate (max 5)
Art History Talks
In response to members requests, a further series of monthly Art History talks has been organised to start in September to be presented by Robert Kidner (RK) and Mike Iremonger (MI).
September 20th RK More Milestones in the History of Western Art
October 18th MI Ophelia and the Lady of Shallot
November 22nd RK The Glasgow Boys
January 24th MI William Morris
February 21st RK Art and War
March 21st MI 20th Century American Art
The Zoom link will be sent to you during the week before the talk.
For information contact Shelagh 01367241173
Choose the talk from the dates listed below. If you wish to book more than one talk, add each one to the cart individually.
If you are a Non-Member, also select the 'Non-Member' option below.
Introduction to Impressionistic Watercolours - 19 November 2021
Tutor Catherine Beale, a member of the Society of Women Artists, will share techniques so you will understand how to form a cascading wash and how this reacts with paint straight from the tube. You will develop a range of marks, from disruptive watermarks to fine lines. The suggested materials will form a useful starter kit to carry on enjoying painting after the session.
This busy day will explore loose watercolours with fewer brushstrokes, rich colour and added texture. It will start with a no-pressure paint sampler. We will then create an A3 woodland scene from step-by-step demos (source photos supplied).
Catherine’s relaxed teaching style will include an element of personal tutoring and Q&A, as she shares watercolours’ potential with you.
Watercolour board (£2.50) : 2 pieces supplied by the tutor - available as 'pay on the day'. The board will not buckle and paint can be washed off its surface.*
Limited palette of 8 Winsor & Newton tubed colours:
- 7 Cotman (student) colours: Turquoise, Ultramarine, Sap Green, Lemon Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Umber, Purple Lake
- Plus Winsor & Newton Professional Raw Sienna
- 3 watercolour brushes: 1 large - one-inch flat e.g. Pro Arte Prolene One Stroke Flat Brush Series 106; 1 medium - 3/8" or 1/2" flat;1 rigger
- Table top easel or a simple A3 board with a 2 inch rest (e.g. tin/case, pad)
- 2B pencil and eraser + Water jar + Kitchen roll
- Generous sized Palette with large wells or white plate/tray
- Suggested: table salt + clingfilm
I have provided three colourful subjects to lift everyone’s spirits. They can be our source photos on the day.
Dürer's Journeys - 30 November 2021
National Gallery - Tuesday 30 November 2021
Dürer's Journeys: Travels of a Renaissance Artist
Book your coach seat/s below, and choose your pick up option.
You need to book your National Gallery entry separately. A Standard ticket is £20. Book online at www.nationalgallery.org.uk or phone National Gallery 02077 472885.
Barnes Coach Pick ups
- Shrivenham (opposite Barrington Arms) 8.15am
- Faringdon Tesco 8.30am
- Stanford in the Vale Spencer’s Close 8.40am
- Wantage Seeson Way 8.55am/9:00am