Membership - Faringdon Art Society
- Annual Exhibition participation
- Artistic Craft Fair space (subject to application)
- Tours (once pandemic restrictions are lifted)
- Online Art Talks
- Workshops – usually with selected art tutors
- Regular Newsletter
Drawing Unlocked! - 15 September 2021
Popular art tutor George Boyter will present this engaging workshop where you will benefit from increased confidence resulting from experience of a variety of drawing materials, awareness of different approaches and a choice of techniques.
An introductory visual presentation covering aspects of and approaches to Drawing. We will trial a range of drawing materials and papers then spend an hour each on:
- Gestural Drawing
- Tonal Drawing
- Line Drawing
We’ll end the Workshop with a review of work
Pencils - 2B 4B 6B + Pencil Sharpener + Putty Rubber
A3 Pad of Cartridge Paper
Bring an APPLE + a reference photo or print of a subject of your choice from which you will make a line drawing. I will bring some further materials to trial.
Materials Suggested (Optional)
Charcoal Willow Sticks, Fixative Spray, Conte Crayons
George has asked that you indicate your level of drawing experience so he can structure the workshop accordingly (choose level below).
Introduction to Impressionistic Watercolours - 19 November 2021
Tutor Catherine Beale, a member of the Society of Women Artists, will share techniques so you will understand how to form a cascading wash and how this reacts with paint straight from the tube. You will develop a range of marks, from disruptive watermarks to fine lines. The suggested materials will form a useful starter kit to carry on enjoying painting after the session.
This busy day will explore loose watercolours with fewer brushstrokes, rich colour and added texture. It will start with a no-pressure paint sampler. We will then create an A3 woodland scene from step-by-step demos (source photos supplied).
Catherine’s relaxed teaching style will include an element of personal tutoring and Q&A, as she shares watercolours’ potential with you.
Watercolour board (£2.50) : 2 pieces supplied by the tutor - available as 'pay on the day'. The board will not buckle and paint can be washed off its surface.*
Limited palette of 8 Winsor & Newton tubed colours:
- 7 Cotman (student) colours: Turquoise, Ultramarine, Sap Green, Lemon Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Umber, Purple Lake
- Plus Winsor & Newton Professional Raw Sienna
- 3 watercolour brushes: 1 large - one-inch flat e.g. Pro Arte Prolene One Stroke Flat Brush Series 106; 1 medium - 3/8" or 1/2" flat;1 rigger
- Table top easel or a simple A3 board with a 2 inch rest (e.g. tin/case, pad)
- 2B pencil and eraser + Water jar + Kitchen roll
- Generous sized Palette with large wells or white plate/tray
- Suggested: table salt + clingfilm
I have provided three colourful subjects to lift everyone’s spirits. They can be our source photos on the day.